23 de noviembre de 2011

Last Weekend

Most of you might have noticed the constant status message changes I've made recently--status changes on how I would do anything for something authentically Asian or Jollibee-like. Good news is, my prayers have been answered! Last weekend I had two meals at the Plazoleta de Comida in Centro Comercial Santafe, and fortunately the food did not disappoint.


Saturday After hours and hours (okay maybe I'm exaggerating but) of searching for the most Asian-looking stall, I finally settled for Mister Lee, the second place that serves Asian food at the Plazoleta.



I had arroz chino con pollo, which is basically yang chow rice with (sort of) sweet and sour chicken. Best part: they had Lee Kum Kee when I asked for soy sauce! It actually helped a lot in making the food taste authentic. SCORE!


Okay a little side story, I also spent Saturday night (aka post-Asian food glory) partying around Bogota on a chiva! A chiva is a party bus that goes around the city, carrying around 30-50 persons inside. Amazing, huh? In the olden times, it was used as a means to transport goods, crops and people from city to city here in Colombia. Its exterior is colorful, but the interiors look pretty old school because the floor is made of wood and scrap metal. Nevertheless, the cheery lights inside make up for the darkness within.


The night ended at an AIESECer's flat. It was pretty fun, but since I didn't really get to drink a lot because of the medications I'm on, I wasn't able to go "all out". LOL

Sunday Obviously I woke up pretty late since I went out the night before. This also means I was starving the moment I opened my eyes! So to satisfy the intense level of starvation I had, Andres and I headed to the Plazoleta (again!) for brunch. We ate at Pizza Pizza, a pizza place (duh) that was originally established to specialize in buy 1 take 1 pizza promotions. In all fairness, it was really good and the price wasn't bad at all! I had two huge slices of napolitana pizza and a glass of Pepsi--all for 6,450 pesos (3 USD more or less). And since the level of starvation was just too much to handle, I decided to check out Frisby, a restaurant that serves chicken as its specialty. Andres tried to discourage me by saying that his experience with the place isn't so reputable, but meh I still went on. I got Frisnacks. It's kinda difficult to describe what it is, but this is how it looks like:

chicken tenders, fries and pesto sauce, and a cup of Pepsi at the bottom

...and it was damn tasty. Andres, you just got pwned by Frisby!

Needless to say, last weekend was pretty amazing. Not only because I was able to find good places to eat that serve food that taste familiar to me and that are a few meters away from my house, but also because I was able to try something different and to have a one of a kind party experience. Indeed, it just keeps getting better and better.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario