4 de abril de 2014

Personal // The Silver Lining

I've been wanting to write something personal as I haven't done so in quite a while. The recent circumstances have just been not conducive for coherent writing, so I decided to put it off for a bit. Saying that it has been a long week for me is a complete understatement. Unlike most writers I know, one thing I couldn't get myself to do is writing without thinking...similar to a rant and rave composition? Maybe it's because I'm a such a careful person (not necessarily in a good way) that I couldn't just write stuff down without having to contemplate if it sounds good or not. Nevertheless, that's exactly how I'm rolling right at this very moment. I have way too much in mind that I opt to get hold of an outlet for my thoughts--perhaps another compartment for me to store them in. 

The past few days were filled with some extremely bad and frustrating news. I deem it's much better if I don't disclose all the deets here, though I could go on and on talking about my frustrations and qualms and worries and annoyance about EVERYTHING. I am almost sure everyone has had that experience of receiving the worst news there could possibly be, but no matter how much you try to bullshit your way out and about, there is just nothing that could be done. So you give yourself a few hours, if not the entire day, to think things through and come up with a game plan. Some of us fight in the hope of sparing ourselves from entering the losing side, while some of us consider it a waste of resources to even try. 

We let go. 

And in moments like this, it is critical for us to know when to do so. Because at the end of the day, all we could do is hope and pray that things pan out the way they should. 

Or look at the clouds and find the silver lining.  

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario